Eyelash extensions are the art of attaching a synthetic lash to one natural lash creating, longer, fuller and thicker lashes. Each natural lash is isolated to allow the extensions or natural lash to grow out individually without harming other neighboring lashes. Refills are required on an average of 3 weeks but can vary as from 2-5 weeks.
What is the difference between
Volume & Individual Lashes?
Individual lash ext. are one silk fiber with a diameter of .15 to .20, tapered from thick to thin to mimic a real lash. The lashes are D-Curled allowing more lift for frontal view. Ind. are thick enough to create a dark, longer, thicker look. This technique looks best on natural dark beauties.
Volume Lash ext. are one silk fiber with a diameter of .05 to .07, which are skillfully fanned out to achieve a softer fluffier more voluminous look. These are still attached only to one natural lash. This technique allows many looks to be achieved from light to extremely dense based on personal preference.
Prep and Aftercare Instructions
Prepping your lashes for application and taking care of them when you leave your appointment is the most important part of lash extensions. When your artist is well versed in the application and using an amazing adhesive for retention, most cases of bad retention is a result of bad self care. Here is a list of what you need to know as a lash client.
15 minutes prior to your appointment your eyelashes must be thoroughly cleansed of all makeup, moisturizers and oils. Lack of cleansing or poor cleansing habits will create a greasy barrier between your eyelashes and the new lash extension. This will cause them to fall off as little as the first couple of days up to 2 weeks completely.
THIS GOES FOR YOUR REFILLS TOO!
MAKEUP IS FINE, just know that the more makeup your wear on your eyes, the more the product will break your adhesive down.
The more makeup you clean off, the harder you have to cleanse, therefore causing less retention.
Throw out your Mascara and your Eyeliner! It destroys your lash extensions by embedding itself around the base of your adhesive.
If EYELINER is a must, ONLY FELT TIP EYELINER, is the least damaging.
Bottom mascara is ok, but less is better. As you blink it will creep into the top lashes.
Eyeshadow is a powder. Think of glitter on your Elmer's Glue project as a kid... Can you get that glitter back out? Therefore cleansing properly after every makeup application is essential for the best retention.
WASH EVERYDAY, even if you don't wear makeup. Your natural oil production, rubbing, allergies, sleeping on your face can all cause your natural oils to cover the adhesive on your lashes and break down sooner.
Lash Lift and Tint Applications
A Lash Lift is a new keratin based lash enhancement treatment. Instead of doing a traditional perm that simply curves your lashes. A Lash Lift actually turns the eyelashes upwards. A lash tint will make your lashes appear darker, thicker, and longer, it gives them length, height and volume and can last for weeks. The advanced technique is designed to boost and lift the lash and offers a potential alternative to extensions. It may also complement the application of lash extensions, to facilitate their applications when your lashes are too straight or too curved!
1. Eyelash Extensions need to be removed at least 3 days to 1 week prior to appointment.
2. For best results do not use waterproof mascara or curl your lashes 5 days prior to your treatment.
3. No eye makeup the day of your appointment. For example, mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner etc.
4. Every client must fill out a waiver before starting treatment.
5. Remove any eye makeup with oil free makeup remover the day prior.
6. It’s recommended to wash your hair prior to your appointment because you may not for 48 hours afterwards.
Lash Lift Pre-Treatment Procedures
Lash Lift Post-Treatment Procedures
1. No water and mascara on the lashes for 48 hours after the treatment
2. No steam, no heavy exercising that would cause excessive sweating, no hair washing (at home) for 48 hours after etc.
3. No lash Serums, lash extensions, eye creams for 48 hours.
4. Use oil free make up remover wipes to wash your face after the treatment.